Over the last 10 years, Midtown has seen explosive growth in high-rise residential, towers, multifamily, and mixed-use developments with attendant retail.
The City of Houston has specifically targeted Midtown as an important urban area of Houston that distinguishes itself by walkable neighborhoods, bike trails, public parks, and collaborative technology development with resources dedicated to it by, the City of Houston, Rice University, and other noted universities in the city. To this end, the city has relaxed development constraints, such as onsite parking, and surface detention to name a few, and has awarded tax credits and ad valorem tax abatement to certain preferred developments to incentivize rapid development.
Originally a warehouse building, Toronto based Architect Carlo Di Nunzio converted 1500 McGowen into a creative office building use in the 1980’s.
Over the next few months, Colby Design x 2X Studio (the architects behind Caracol and Pass & Provisions) will convert 1500 McGowen into an updated, beautifully contemporary mixed use office/retail Building. Approximately 6,000 SF of first floor office space will be converted to retail. The rest of the Building will remain office.
The new retail portion of the Building will be accented with a metal “skin,” a canti-levered awning, new, widened storefronts, and a sizable outdoor restaurant patio.
- On-Site Management (Davis Holdings’ offices are located here)
- 24/7 Security System with Passcode Access
- 3:1,000 Parking Ratio with On-Site, Secure Parking
- Contemporary office floorplans
- Easily accessible via bus or METRO
- Close proximity to many nearby restaurants
- COMING SOON! Mixed-use offerings including dining, coffee, and other shops
- COMING SOON! Contemporary Lobby with Class A fixtures and furnishings