The 1488 Crossing shopping center was bought in 2013 and renovated in 2014. The shopping center is 40,000 SF in size and is located on I-45 and FM 1488, one of the few major East/West thoroughfares in North Houston.
The property was bought for land value and with it, at no cost, came an existing building that had been vacant for some time and had fallen into a state of disrepair and neglect.
Major developments are both north and south of the site, and new home building and population growth continues unabated northward. Over the long term, this property is going to be very valuable. There is a dearth of large spaces available on I-45 with good visibility from the freeway. In addition, because the property was a value purchase, the price point required for economic viability is below the competition. The City of Conroe is doing extensive roadwork in the area that will create added value to 1488 Crossing and improve ingress and egress.
The renovation plans included reskinning the building with stone, increasing the size of the sign band to accommodate visibility from freeway traffic, resurfacing the existing parking lot, new landscaping, lighting, and constructing a large pylon sign near I-45.
Several major developments close to the property include The Woodlands, The 336 Market Place in Conroe, The Exxon Campus Headquarters, Del Webb, Methodist Hospital, Texas Children’s Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, CHI, Memorial Hermann, MD Anderson, and numerous planned residential subdivisions.
In summary, this North Houston property lies in the path of growth and soon will be considered an “infill” location with major office, residential, retail, and medical projects currently under development.
- Located on I-45 and FM 1488, one of the few major East/West thoroughfares in North Houston
- New Second Entrance along I-45
- 2 Pad Sites Available, location on corner, second location along I-45
- 126,000+ VPD on I-45
- Pylon Signage
- New acquisition of nearby property & construction of 1488 access road greatly enhance site
- 10 minute drive to the Woodlands
- Several major developments close to the property include The 336 Market Place in Conroe, The Exxon Campus Headquarters, Del Webb